The aim of the NPORS Abrasive Wheels Training Course is to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in the safe mounting and selection of abrasive wheels and cutting discs to the official NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standard.
Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
NPORS Abrasive Wheels Training Course Objectives
On successful completion of the NPORS Abrasive Wheels training course, delegates will be able to:
- Select and mount safely the correct type of disc or wheel for the task to be carried out.
- Fully understand their relevant plant equipment and abrasive wheels duties and responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The NPORS Abrasive Wheels Training Course?
All personnel involved in the safe mounting and selection of abrasive wheels and cutting discs.
Delegates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations and exercises covering:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Construction (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1996.
- COSSH Regulations 2002.
- PPE Regulations 1992.
- PUWER 1998.
- Safety in the use of Abrasive Wheels HS (G) 17.
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992.
- Types and functions of abrasive wheel equipment and cutting discs.
- The selection, testing, mounting and storage of abrasive wheels and cutting off discs.
- The care, maintenance, transport and handling of abrasive wheels and cutting off discs.
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Where does this training take place?
We have an approved test training centre in Knockdrin, Co. Offaly, Ireland.
It is 5 minutes from the M4 motorway with close links to Dublin and Belfast.
Click here for directions to the training centre.
Training can also take place at customer’s premises if facilities meet the test criteria.