The aim of the NPORS Agricultural Tractor Training Course is to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating an agricultural tractor to the NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standard. Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card.
Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
NPORS Agricultural Tractor Training Course Objectives
To enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out pre-shift and post shift maintenance checks.
- Be able to control the tractor in forward and reverse directions.
- Be able attach and detach implements such as the power take off.
- Have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to successfully complete the NPORS assessment.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The NPORS Agricultural Tractor Training Course?
All personnel who are required to operate an agricultural tractor.
Delegates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations and exercises covering:
- An introduction to the construction industry.
- Current relevant regulations.
- Introduction to machine.
- Pre-shift inspections.
- Controls and instruments.
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems.
- Use of the 3 point linkage.
- Use of the power take off.
- Reversing the tractor with a trailer.
- Loading and unloading.
- The use of mounted implements.
- NPORS assessment – Including theory and practical elements.
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Where does this training take place?
We have an approved test training centre in Knockdrin, Co. Offaly, Ireland.
It is 5 minutes from the M4 motorway with close links to Dublin and Belfast.
Click here for directions to the training centre.
Training can also take place at customer’s premises if facilities meet the test criteria.