The aim of the NPORS Compact Crane Training Course is to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Compactr Crane to the NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standard.
Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The NPORS Compact Crane Training Course?
All personnel required to operate a Compact Crane.
- Safe, productive crane operation
- How to recognise and understand crane signals
- Crane jib positioning, including altering jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Routine maintenance
- The basic theory of power units, control systems and transmission systems
- Programming and understanding safe load indicators and duties charts
- Relevant legislation, statutory regulations and Codes of Practice
- Safe slinging and an understanding of the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear
- Structural strength, including the effect of shock loading, stability and load displacement
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Where does this training take place?
We have an approved test training centre in Knockdrin, Co. Offaly, Ireland.
It is 5 minutes from the M4 motorway with close links to Dublin and Belfast.
Click here for directions to the training centre.
Training can also take place at customer’s premises if facilities meet the test criteria.