The course aims at Supervisors, Managers and Slinger Signallers who supervise lifting operations. The course aims to instruct delegates how to safely supervise a lifting operation to ensure compliance with the law and secure the health and safety of all employees and of those who may be affected by their actions.
The NPORS Crane Supervisor Training Course Objectives
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to:
This course training course provides thorough training to those supervising lifting operations and covers legislation controlling crane operations, including the LOLER and PUWER Regulations, the HASAWA and the British Standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes
Who Do We Recommend Attends The Crane Supervisor Training Course?
Experienced Worker CPCS Crane Supervisor courses are available for those who have 2 or more years’ constant and recent experience in their role supervising lifting operations. The Foundation course is most suited to those with less than 2 years’ experience in the role.
Successful candidates will receive the NPORS (Trained Operator) endorsed with the Crane Supervisor category. This is valid for 2 years per category; within this time, you must complete your NVQ to convert from the Red NPORS card to the Blue NPORS card. The Blue card is valid for 5 years.
It is also possible to apply for a combined Slinger Signaller (NPORS) and Lifting Operations Crane Supervisor Course – novice operators with less than 2 years’ experience are eligible to apply
This course includes the following elements:
- Relevant legislation and Codes of Practice pertaining to the role of Crane Supervisor
- Roles and responsibilities of this role, as well as other related roles
- Appreciation of cranes types, capabilities and limitations. This includes commonly used terminology relating to crane use.
- Different types of lifting accessories and how they are used
- Crane at stability, safe loading and Safe Load indicators
- Planning a lifting operation and preparing the lift site
- Maintenance, inspections and thorough examination for lifting equipment and accessories
- Slinging techniques for given loads
- Communication methods for a range of lifting purposes
- Controlling lift operations from a given lift plan
- How to identify potential hazards and unsafe lifting operations
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
All delegates must bring photo identification, this can include a valid Passport or Driving Licence.
To book this course, or for further information, contact us.
Where does this training take place?
We have an approved test training centre in Knockdrin, Co. Offaly, Ireland.
It is 5 minutes from the M4 motorway with close links to Dublin and Belfast.
Click here for directions to the training centre.
Training can also take place at customer’s premises if facilities meet the test criteria.