The aim of the NPORS Excavation Marshall – Banksperson Training Course is to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating as a Excavation Marshall- Banksperson to the NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standard.
Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The NPORS Excavation Marshall - Banksperson Training Course?
All personnel required to operate as a Excavation Marshall – Banksperson.
Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an Excavation Marshall – Banksperson
- Have knowledge of the equipment to be used and be conversant with Method Statements – Risk Assessments – Permits to work
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for use
- Conduct all pre-excavating checks
- Agree communication signals and emergency procedures
- Safe positioning of Excavation Marshall – Banksperson
- Define and identify the different types of underground services
- Identify risks that excavations can present and how people may be affected
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Carry out exploratory tasks
- Identify the risks of excavating near to underground services, and the safe digging practices that should be adopted
- Carry out all end of shift and safe storage procedures
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Where does this training take place?
We have an approved test training centre in Knockdrin, Co. Offaly, Ireland.
It is 5 minutes from the M4 motorway with close links to Dublin and Belfast.
Click here for directions to the training centre.
Training can also take place at customer’s premises if facilities meet the test criteria.