The aim of the NPORS Mobile Crane Training Course is to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Mobile Crane to the NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standard.
Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The NPORS Mobile Crane Training Course?
All personnel required to operate a Mobile Crane.
Topics covered during this course include:
- Legislation – LOLER, PUWER, and HASAWA. Codes of practice – BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
- Crane appreciation – crane types, capabilities and limitations
- Duty charts
- Crane terminology
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Crane stability/ground conditions
- Communications (Radio, verbal and hand signals etc.)
- Cab and lever familiarisation
- Rigging and De-Rigging of cranes according to written instructions
- Configuring cranes according to work specifications
- Hoisting, slewing and derricking following the instruction of the slinger/signaller
- Controlling load movement
- Routine maintenance
- Use of crane on free on wheels duties
- Use of crane on pick and carry duties
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
All delegates must bring photo identification, this can include a valid Passport or Driving Licence.
To book this course, or for further information, contact us.
Where does this training take place?
We have an approved test training centre in Knockdrin, Co. Offaly, Ireland.
It is 5 minutes from the M4 motorway with close links to Dublin and Belfast.
Click here for directions to the training centre.
Training can also take place at customer’s premises if facilities meet the test criteria.