The aim of the NPORS Ride On Roller Training Course is to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Ride On Roller to the NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standard.
Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
NPORS Ride On Roller Training Course Objectives
The objectives of the course are to enable delegates to:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Be able to carry out minor adjustments and routine services.
- Have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to successfully complete the NPORS assessment.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The NPORS Ride On Roller Training Course?
All personnel required to operate a Ride On Road Roller.
Delegates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations and exercises covering:
- An introduction to the construction industry.
- Current relevant regulations.
- Introduction to machine.
- Pre-shift inspections.
- Controls and instruments.
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems.
- Rolling and compacting.
- Using and applying correct staggers and overlaps.
- Maintaining cambers and cross-falls.
- Compaction of junctions.
- NPORS assessment, which includes theory and practical elements.
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Where does this training take place?
We have an approved test training centre in Knockdrin, Co. Offaly, Ireland.
It is 5 minutes from the M4 motorway with close links to Dublin and Belfast.
Click here for directions to the training centre.
Training can also take place at customer’s premises if facilities meet the test criteria.