The aim of the NPORS Telescopic Handler Suspended Loads Training Course is to provide delegates with the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Telescopic Handler Suspended Loads to the NPORS (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme) standard.
Successful delegates will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Who Do We Recommend Attends The NPORS Telescopic Handler Suspended Loads Training Course?
All personnel required to operate a Telescopic Handler Suspended Loads.
It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation
- Be able to locate, identify and explain safe working loads, lifting capacity chart and explain how the manufacturer may reduce the lifting capacity when moving a suspended load, different lifting configurations and working ranges
- Identify and explain different lifting procedures, explain what task could fall into each category
- Identify and explain centres of gravity and calculate estimated weights of loads
- Identify any overhead / proximity hazards
- Be able to agree the signal codes / hand signals, direction of movement, safe working and safe landing placement zone with the slinger / signaller
- Ensure telescopic handler is in a safe condition and attachments fitted correctly
- Checked load integrity and security
- Be able to lift and move a load to a designated position in a safe and controlled manner, ensuring minimum uncontrolled movement
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all out of service and securing procedure
- Conducting end of shift and shut down procedures
The duration of the training course depends on the experience and number of delegates, and the ratio of delegates / machines per Instructor.
Health and Safety Training and Testing
It is recommended that all delegates complete the NPORS specific health and safety test.
Testing / Certification
All delegates will undertake the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with a relevant NPORS Operators Card which is valid for 5 years.
Where does this training take place?
We have an approved test training centre in Knockdrin, Co. Offaly, Ireland.
It is 5 minutes from the M4 motorway with close links to Dublin and Belfast.
Click here for directions to the training centre.
Training can also take place at customer’s premises if facilities meet the test criteria.