The qualification will develop knowledge and skills in areas such as general health, safety and welfare, conforming to productive working practices and moving, handling and storing resources. Learners can specialise in installing, maintaining and removing work area protection.
This qualification covers the following areas:
– laying kerbs and channels
– construction operations
– non-structural concreting
– excavation and reinstatement
The qualification is designed to meet the following objectives:
– confirming knowledge, understanding and skills
– providing access to a relevant card scheme
– enabling learners to gain the relevant licence to practice
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is suitable for:
– people in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects
– individuals who wish to start their own business
– school and college students with a part-time job that enables them to develop the appropriate skills in the workplace
– full-time and part-time study
There are no specific skills, knowledge understanding or any other qualifications that must be achieved in order to start this qualification, however learners must have the potential and opportunity to gain this qualification successfully.
Learners may progress from the Level 2 in Construction and Civil Engineering Operations (Construction)to a range of qualifications at Level 3 and above, including Site Supervision.
– Construction Operations (Laying Kerbs and Channels)
– Construction Operations (Construction Operations)
– Construction Operations (Non-structural Concreting)
– Construction Operations (Excavation and Reinstatement)